(Kids Doing Wonderful Things)
engages kids in community service activities.
KDWT encourages kids to work together and implement meaningful hands-on community service projects locally, nationally and globally. KDWT is affiliated with the national generationOn Kids Care and Service Clubs.
- Inspire, equip and mobilize youth to take action that changes the world and themselves through service.
- Develop compassion and social responsibility in the community that they might have a life-long commitment to serve.
- Educate kids about the issues and provide meaningful hands-on projects for kits to respond to their world.
KDWT operates in Hawaii and New York and projects reach kids in other countries.
"August 2016 Kids Care Club of the Month"
*KDWT was NATIONALLY RECOGNIZED BY GENERATIONON
HISTORY OF KDWT
KDWT was founded by Catherine Mattson in 2013 when she was 8 years old. She wanted to help out the community but could not find a club that would fit in her busy schedule. She'd help her mom with community projects here and there. Eventually she connected with generationOn as a Care Club. Her first official project was a garage sale with a friend and they raised over $200 to purchase books for kids in need. From there, KDWT became the youth (ages 5 to 18 years) service project for Ohana100. Other friends were inspired and joined the KDWT Team.
Community Service Projects
KDWT Ambassadors plans and participates in "Acts of Kindness", addressing various community issues. Community projects are planned to engage kids to serve the community all year round.
1. ANIMAL WELFARE: Support the local animal shelters.
2. COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT: Participate in community festival/events- Set up a booth, promote the importance of serving our community and encourage to volunteer.
3. ENVIRONMENT (GO! GREEN): Help the environment by learning to be eco-friendly, to REUSE, REDUCE AND RECYCLE all year round.
4. LITERACY (GO! READ): Promote literacy by reading and distributing new books to benefit children in our community.
5. MILITARY AND VETERANS: Honor Veterans by preparing and delivering special gifts on Veterans Day or Memorial Day, remembering those who have made the ultimate sacrifice. Support military families that are faced with unique challenges in the home front. Support an Active Military Unit each year.
6. HOMELESSNESS, HUNGER & POVERTY: Reach out and connect with children who are displaced, homeless, in foster care system and/or individuals that require basic necessities.
7. SENIOR CITIZENS: Celebrate Seniors by simply spending time with them.
8. PEACE & KINDNESS: Display acts of kindness, by helping others and learning from one another and learning about the communities we live in.
9. HEALTH & WELLNESS: Practicing healthy living by exercising, keeping active and providing support to children's hospital, newborns and to those who are not in good health.
"A Caring Culture of Kindness All Year Round!
YOUTH COMMUNITY SERVICE RECOGNITION
KDWT will recognize individuals or youth groups that are displaying ACTS OF KINDNESS in our community.
SUMMER SERVICE CAMP
KDWT offers teens an opportunity to participate in a week long summer service camp- to plan, organize and implement service activities for various programs/schools. Participants can earn up to 30 service hours. ONLY OFFERED IN HAWAII.