(Kids Doing Wonderful Things)
engages kids ages 5 years and older in community service activities.
KDWT encourages kids to work together and implement meaningful hands-on community service projects locally, nationally and globally. KDWT is affiliated with the national generationOn Kids Care and Service Clubs.
- Inspire, equip and mobilize youth to take action that changes the world and themselves through service.
- Develop compassion and social responsibility in the community that they might have a life-long commitment to serve.
- Educate kids about the issues and provide meaningful hands-on projects for kits to respond to their world.
KDWT operates in Hawaii and New York and projects reach kids in countries.
"August 2016 Kids Care Club of the Month"
*KDWT was NATIONALLY RECOGNIZED BY GENERATIONON
HISTORY OF KDWT
KDWT was founded by Catherine Mattson in 2013 when she was 8 years old. She wanted to help out the community but could not find a club that would fit in her busy schedule. She'd help her mom with community projects here and there. Eventually she connected with generationOn as a Care Club. Her first official project was a garage sale with a friend and they raised over $200 to purchase books for kids in need. From there, KDWT became the youth (ages 5 to 18 years) service project for Ohana100. Other friends were inspired and joined the KDWT Team.
Community Service Projects
KDWT Ambassadors plans and participates in "Acts of Kindness" or "Rules of Kindness", addressing various community issues. Community projects are planned for the year to engage kids to serve once a month- after school, on holidays and/or on weekends.
1. ANIMAL WELFARE: Support the local animal shelter. (Recycle newspaper and old sheets).
2. COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT: Participate in community festival/events- Set up a booth, promote the importance of serving our community and encourage to volunteer.
3. ENVIRONMENT (GO! GREEN): Help the environment by learning to be eco-friendly, to REUSE, REDUCE AND RECYCLE all year round. They learn ways to live green and learn the importance about our environment. Participate in community clean up events, campaign and share messages about the importance of protecting our environment.
4. LITERACY (GO! READ): Promote literacy by READING, COLLECTING AND DISTRIBUTING NEW AND GENTLY USED BOOKS to benefit children in our community. Learning about different cultures and celebrations, talking about issues that affect our community (Talk about bullying, how holidays are celebrated, our environment, Financial Literacy, and so on). Make book marks for recipients of GO! READ project.
5. MILITARY AND VETERANS: Honor Veterans by preparing and delivering special gifts on Veterans Day or Memorial Day, remembering those who have made the ultimate sacrifice. Support military families that are faced with unique challenges in the home front. Support an Active Military Unit each year.
6. HOMELESSNESS, HUNGER & POVERTY: Reach out and connect with children who are displaced, homeless, in foster care system and/or individuals that require basic necessities. (Prepare care packages, gifts, candies or adopt families during the holidays).
7. SENIOR CITIZENS: Celebrate Seniors by simply spending time with them. (Play games, entertain them with singing and dancing, donating socks, making cards, reading with them and so much more).
8. PEACE & KINDNESS: Display acts of kindness, by helping others and learning from one another and learning about the communities we live in. (Always say "THANK YOU", talk about BEING KIND, celebrating friendships, visit memorials and so much more).
9. HEALTH & WELLNESS: Practicing healthy living by exercising, keeping active and providing support to children's hospital, newborns and to those who are not in good health.
"A Caring Culture of Kindness All Year Round!
JOIN OUR KDWT TEAM
If want to do something meaningful in your life, if you need community service hours, if you, your family or your class would like to join our KDWT Team, please complete the form below.